A full moon Halloween?

 This fall, all the crucial, life-changing events seem to have taken place around the time of the full moon. So it came as no surprise to me that the moon phase calendar indicates a waxing gibbous moon, 89% of full, tonight.  The official full moon will actually occur on Nov. 2, but it will certainly be big, round and bright enough to add a lot of drama to Halloween night, Día de Los Angelitos and Día del Muertos.

The goal for today is to move enough essentials that we can actually have dinner (well, maybe leftover pizza) and spend the night in the new condo. I look around and it seems to me that although I have driven umpteen carloads of stuff over there (most of it more or less essential), it doesn't look like there's anything gone! We have far too much material stuff and far too much on our minds as well. I've promised myself a nice, quiet mental breakdown siesta when it's all over.

The Capt posted on his five-day adventure to Barra de Navidad, where he saved our boat, S/V "Bliss" from sinking at the dock. And he brought back 2-1/2 kilos of Melaque raisins, the all-time best raisins I've ever found. He even found the shop that wholesales them, so he got them for about $1.25USD per pound. So although it was lonesome and stressful doing all that packing and schlepping by myself, there were excellent compensations.We still have a boat, and we've got raisins.

And now, on to the finish line!