A Best Friend Indeed

I was checking my Face Book wall to see what was new and to post some comments. I started scrolling down and commented on a couple of the comments from family and friends, I continued scrolling down and found a post by my friend Tara. It was a portrait and I simply commented "I want one".

Her reply came back almost immediately "Really? Who did you have in mind for me to paint Jose?"

"Wow, you are giving me a choice, I was just shooting for a Tara original." I replied.

Then she said, "You know...it's funny you should mention this because I was thinking of a picture to do for you recently. Let me see what I can do Jose and I will get back to you :)"

Not even in my wildest dreams did I imagine that the very next day I would get a Tag from Tara on my face book page, and when I clicked on the link I swear my heart almost popped out of my chest when I saw what she painted for me.

This is a portrait of my dad taken from a picture from Christmas Eve 2003.


I met Tara about three years ago through Blog Explosion and we have been good friends ever since. In real life I have very few friends, you can count them with one hand however some of my best friends I know only through this virtual world provided by the Internet. To quote another friend, "Just because we use machines to communicate it doesn't make us less human".

Tara is one of those best friends and I am proud to be counted among her friends.


Tara is the author of "Soul Weep" and
"Too Many Tracks for the Train to Follow"

To read more of her writings visit her blog Soul Blessings at http://soulblessings.blogspot.com/


.