Defending my turf


For about a month you've probably noticed advertising on this blog. I signed up with AdSense, probably due to a recent temporary feeling of financial insecurity, self-delusion about how many viewers would be interested, and the hope that they'd pop in ads for sailing equipment and Mexican resorts, items I wouldn't really object to very much. Sometimes they actually did.

Other ads were even a little amusing, like the ones promising a pill to help you get over shyness. (I know a great commercial for tequila that promises the exact same thing.)

But today I decided to opt out of the AdSense arrangement, when an ad for Scientology appeared on my page. I hope all you Scientologists out there (Travolta, Cruise and the rest) won't feel you're victims of religious discrimination.

I'm sure there's a place for Scientology ads, but not on my page.

And for everyone else, I hope you won't miss the ads too much (lame joke).