Tidbit Time

Let me see if I can come up with some tidbits. For starters let me tell you that our weather here in the valley of the sun is reaching 110 degrees. We had a nice break in our weather the first three weeks of June but we are paying it now. And yet last Saturday I washed the car and drove it topless to one of our car club functions. My motto is adjust and overcome, contrary to popular belief, life doesn't stop because it gets a little hot. Our swimming pool is seeing a lot of action and doing an excellent job at keeping us cool, particularly the kids, they live for swimming.

As my sister in law stated in a comment to a post I had on Facebook. "Whatever it takes". This came up when mi chica asked me if I could drive her to her hair stylist on Sunday. "Sure, I can" was my reply when she asked on Saturday afternoon. So, Sunday morning at 6:45am mi chica wakes me up, "Come on baby, it's time to go", huh! what? where? "My hair appointment, remember I asked you" my appointment is at 7:00am. Seven in the morning on a Sunday? What women will do in the name of beauty. Well, she is worth it so off we went.

Looking forward to the three day weekend. R&R and laying by the swimming pool is a major part of the agenda, I am sure babysitting the grand kids will be included in the deal but that's OK. I avoid crowds and specially on 110 degree days so going out to catch any fireworks is totally out. No, no, no, that is just not for me. I am sure the kids are all going out although I haven't heard if Avondale or Goodyear cancelled the fireworks show like many cities are doing to save money, after all their budgets are pretty tight.

Arrrg!, I just realized that like a dummy I left my lunch at home. Green chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice. What a fool. Now I'll be thinking about food and actually I am already hungry. Now the tug of war of what to eat begins, of all the fast food places around my work nothing sounds appetizing. What to eat, what to eat? I am open to suggestions, anybody wants to express me a meal you may do so, specially if it's home cooked.


.