About last night...

All I can say is, partying with Mexicans is not for sissies. Especially Mexican musicians.

The reunion at Hotel El Sol in Guaymas started around 8:30 and was still going strong when we slipped away at 2:30am. Almost everyone in the room was a singer and/or musician and most of them performed at one point or another. The main event was two young brothers who had so much talent and energy (who knew "La Bamba" had so many verses?) that nobody minded them taking up the stage for most of the evening. I was finally called up to sing at 2am, and the less said about that the better. I was an amateur in a roomful of professionals and I did my best.

At midnight everyone sang "Las MaƱanitas," which is traditionally sung to honor people on their birthdays, and such special days as Father's Day. Nobody knew but me that it was also the Capt's birthday.

So this morning, with about four hours' sleep, we two semi-zombies are doing some birthday celebrating. I'm off in search of a cheesecake, his favorite. Later, maybe a nap…