Home again

We're home, and home never looked so good, even with a layer of dust on the tile floors, no Internet for 36 hours and an empty fridge.

I'm limping and lurching around like Quasimodo, still unable to put weight on my right foot.

My fellow blogger Babs, who was supposed to be here in San Carlos the same day we got back, has had to delay, maybe even postpone her trip. Very disappointing.

Hmmm, must be time to tally my blessings.

We got home safely before dark, and every time the starter failed (which was every time we shut off the engine), the Capt was able to nudge it back into working order, with a hammer! Nothing was stolen from the house after two months of being vacant. My car started right up, and I can still drive with an injured foot. Liberty! Friends started popping up like mushrooms, catching us up on the latest local news. I hear Tony's veggie stand has moved, expanded into a little mercadito! The Capt, who was going to have to go right back down to Barra and move our boat out of its borrowed slip, has had a reprieve and will be around for at least a day or two. We slept like babies in our king-size bed after wonderful long, hot showers. Life is good and getting better.