Someburger

The first time I went to Someburger I had just come from the Saturday “tour” at the St. Arnold’s brewery, so my taste buds might *not* have been their tip-top most discerning [sigh]. But daaamn, that cheeseburger was tasty. Now that I live in the area, I’ve made my way back a few times to soberly confirm that the little shack does, in fact, make a dynamite burger.

It’s a burger in the old fashioned way – just like I like ‘em – skinny patty on a toasted bun with warm fixin’s drippin’ out the sides. No juice will slide down your chin, and it doesn’t require two hands. And while the fries, I thought, were only so-so, the onion rings are outta this world. Last week (after my lil’ niece got beaned in the face by a foul ball at an Astros game) we tried the milkshakes. They, too, were pretty spectacular.

My favorite burger growing up was at the original Otto’s on Memorial. Since Otto’s is forever rumored to be closing (anyone have details?), I’m relieved to have found an traditional burger joint that doesn’t pride itself on a 3-inch thick patty or try to linen up its service. It’s cheap, it’s cash-only, and it tastes great whether you’ve had the beer sampler or not. Enough said.

Someburger – 745 E. 11th Street