so long, dc!

yesterday we pulled out of washington, dc in a rented penske with 'this is us playing and 22 feet of accumulated stuff behind us. it was so bittersweet.


dc has been so good to us.  it gave me my first real job and my first apartment, and all the independence and confidence that comes with those two things.  it also gave me some of the best friends and best memories of my life. and it introduced me to a cute boy from south carolina who would one day move to texas with me. while dc has also beat me up a little lot over the past four years, it has at the same time taught me patience (hello, public transportation), a willingness to to try new things, and also to accept things that i cannot change (hello, public transportation once again). not to mention the ability to parallel park like a boss.  stepping out of my comfort zone and making this city my home was one of the best things i've ever done, and this place will always hold a special place in my heart, and ww's as well.


so long dc!  until next time.