Things I'll Miss: The Roof

A while back, I rambled on about mentioned my love for my apartment.  Don't worry, this is not another apartment post.... entirely.  It's about my roof.  


The building I live in happens to have one of the best roof decks in DC (according to me).  


Maybe my opinion has something to do with the number of sunburns, beers, and amazing sunsets I've taken in on this roof.  Or because it happens to be the place that WW and I met.  Either way, it's hard to beat this view, at your disposal 24/7.


In the summer, I love to come up here on Saturday mornings to read and catch some rays in the lawn chairs.  Not many people get to lay out surrounded by the National Cathedral and Washington Monument.  


In the winter, we have been known to bundle up with a bottle of red wine and watch the sun set.



The roof is also a great place to entertain people.  Any time I have visitors in town, we go to the roof for drinks and chats.  A few of my fave visitors over the years:



What I will miss the most about the roof is the weeknight dinners WW and I enjoy up there.  We wanted to be sure to utilize the roof as much as possible before leaving.  So last week we whipped up dinner from a version of this recipe with this on the side, and headed upstairs with a bottle of wine from our favorite vineyard.


Definitely makes a normal weekday dinner a bit more exciting.


And finally, I couldn't mention the roof without including this picture from the day WW and I actually met.  I say 'actually' because it is not that story that usually gets told.


I'll let you figure out what's going on here.