Back to the laboratory

For now, at least, I'm dropping my WordPress blog, World's Latest Bloomer, a chronicle of my life as a late-blooming musician and singer.

Turns out only a couple of people on the planet knew or cared about the blog, including my own family (insert whine here).  I began to question whether it was a worthwhile use of time I should be using to practice guitar. I suspect my monkey mind was trying to avoid the actual pursuit, in favor of  blathering about it. Those hours of blogging could have been put to better use practicing scales, chords and lyrics.

I did learn a few things about how to work in WordPress and I'm sure the knowledge will come in handy in the future. For instance, I discovered that if you rename your blog in WordPress, every post you've labored over up to that point will be consigned to oblivion. At which point, you get to decide whether to start again at square one or give it up.

Let's just call it another faltering experiment in the great laboratory of life. So for now you will have to settle for the mental meanderings provided here.

Now I'm going to practice some scales.