On how the Lord taught me while I slept

Brethren, a few months back I had a dream and I’ve been mulling it ever since. I dreamt that I was in a room. The room was white and small and in the back I could see two “Greek” columns of indiscernible design. The room is illuminated by candlelight and otherwise dark; a lampstand rests on a reading desk over which lies a huge open Book, and I mean huge, of the kind that can only be carried by two or more people. The candlestick is on the stand by the Book. Behind the Book, standing is the Lord, and He is finishing a sentence, concluding a lecture actually. He laces the fingers of His hands as he drives the point home, reflectively. He said, “…and this is why…is to be understood thusly” or words to that effect. In my dream I felt joy at understanding something that long had escaped me! I praised the Lord, I woke up…and I don’t recall what He said.

I do understand that the Book is the sum-total of Revelation, the Bible, Tradition as well as the Mind of the Church in her various expressions. I understand that the Book’s ultimate author is the Holy Spirit. I understand the setting as being my innermost intellect and mind, set in a classical setting. But the particular facts He taught me still elude me.

I think that my understanding was all “compressed” during the dream, and that my newly acquired understanding will manifest itself slowly, as I read and write and ponder the Lord’s things with my conscious mind. In other words, the conscious apprehension of the Lord’s “lessons” continue to be “a work in progress” and the new understandings will manifest themselves as I go on living.

I believe there’s a verse of Scripture that addresses this phenomenon, but I can’t find it. In it, the holy writer states that the Lord teaches him his law and his commandments while lying down or asleep. Find it for me please and, praised be Jesus who has found me worthy, a miserable sinner, to teach me in this way.