Does this template make me look fat?

On Christmas Eve the Capt and I visited a friend whose house has a spectacular view of the bay, to watch the Lighted Boat Parade. I had assigned myself the challenge of photographing the boats from this great vantage point but the results weren't exactly what I had in mind. I tried the Night setting. The Sports setting. The Fireworks setting. I steadied the camera on the concrete wall, but still the act of pressing the shutter caused a little movement. Oh, well, I thought some of the shots were interesting abstracts anyway... Obviously I need a tripod.


Christmas Day we were at the Yacht Club for dinner. Sounds so la-de-dah, doesn't it? Actually it was the cheapest deal in town: bring a salad or dessert, pay less than $7 per person. No prep, no cooking, no cleanup. Door prizes. Hugs from friends we haven't seen in a while. A Christmas tradition in the making.


Now my mind's on the New Year, thus the change of "outfit" for this blog. And then it'll be changing again after Jan. 1.


Prospero y feliz año, amigos. Have a prosperous and happy New Year, my friends.