On The Way Back to Phoenix -- Part II

Welcome to Quartzite.

So, a few hours after I left La Puente I'm still on the road and stopping everywhere I please. I got to Quartzite and went to the old car dealership behind the Love's Truck stop. They must have over a hundred old cars for sale there and every single one a true jewel. Of course I had to go trigger happy with the camera shutter and snapped a lot of pics through the fence of course. No matter the fence added character to my images, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Here are some of my favorites:





This dealership really is like a kids toy store, I could walk up and down more than once.

I was going to gas up the car at Love's but as usual it was packed so I decided to go across the freeway and gas up at the Chevron. Good move cause that gas station was empty and I also took this opportunity to snap some more pics.





Got on the car and not even a few yards away I found another nice place for pictures. It was an old gas station that apparently served a company fleet. The place was totally open and it had a little signs saying no trespassing. I couldn't resist and caught a few images there.


You must admit it was a great prop for some car pictures.

Got on the car drove not even a fourth of the same block and I see this lady snapping pictures of an old gas station and the old building around it. She had a very nice camera so she could do it from the side walk. I went over and talked to her and then backed up my car and parked it in front of the pumps at the gas station.



I love this images.


Then noticed some of the structures around this place and I just pointed and shoot some more.






Random images from Quartzite.


Believe it or not it started raining on me so that was my last stop. After a traffic jam at Verado Way because of the road construction I finally got home at around 9:00 pm. I had lots of fun and bowed to do this again.

I say this time and time again. To me the jorney is just as important as the destination.

.