View envy

I treated myself to a visit with my friend Jan on this lazy Sunday afternoon. She's just returned from a trip to Arizona, where she obtained a couple of items at Trader Joe's for me. It's a treat not only because we get to indulge in some girl talk, but I get kisses from the world's friendliest dog, Teddy, and I can stand and gape at her breathtaking view of the anchorage. Looming over it all are the Tetas, our most famous landmark, magically covered with green after the recent rains. They're called Las Tetas de Cabra because they're said to look like the teats of a goat. To me, the vertical rock on the taller peak looks like a thumbs-up signal.


Today has been one of the hottest of the year, and we're all lying low with the AC cranked on full blast. Here's Teddy, with his rubber chicken, spread out flat on the cool tile floor. Isn't he gorgeous?