Gimme shelter

Although we've lived in Mexico four years now, we've always been on the boat somewhere on the coast farther south this time of year, so this is my first taste of San Carlos in late January. Yesterday, even though there were patches of blue sky we had winds up to 56 knots that stirred up big dust storms everywhere (I felt bad for anyone who had to work outside). Then last night the rains began, with lightning blowing out power transformers. The lights blinked off so many times, I carried a candle and lighter with me everywhere I went. (Where IS that #%&# flashlight?) This morning a steady flow of water was creeping under my new back door, splashing down from the roof tiles. Plans to build a ramada over the back patio have shot up the priority list a few notches. 

Here's a shot of the surf yesterday afternoon.