Food and I


Today I came home extremely hungry again, all I had for lunch was a canned Campbell's chicken soup I bought at the store. So, as soon as I stepped into the house I headed for the kitchen.

My refrigerator is nearly empty because I only eat here on Monday and Friday, the weekend doesn't count because my daughter's come here and they either bring food or we go and get what we need. Anyway, I did find two tomatoes, onions, hot jalapeƱo peppers, cilantro, and a pack of sirloin steaks. This to me had the makings of a good meal.

So, I put them to defrost, and while I waited I made a salsa with the tomatoes and stuff I found. Now I can make a mean salsa so today was not the exception. Steaks were defrosted so I put them in the pan and started to cook them. I let them get brown and crispy but not burned and then I added the salsa and let it boil.

Oh yeah, a little salt, a little, paprica, and some oregano...

The end result was pure tasty heaven. Living with a woman that was a master in the kitchen something was bound to rub off. Mi chica would be proud not doubt about that. Last week I made some huevos con chorizo and I didn't throw away the oil/grease from that day so I put it into another pan and then re fry half a can of beans I had.

The end result not only looked good but tasted good too.

Now, be honest and tell me this doesn't look delicious.

I had enough to pack me a lunch for tomorrow. I am covered and I won't go hungry anytime soon. Tomorrow my mom will send me off with home made burritos for Wednesday except I will be going to Z-Tejas on Wednesday with a trucking company rep. That meas that the burritos will probably last me one for Thursday and the other for Friday. Wow, food has a way of finding me so easily.

I must not have liked it.



Ummmmmm que rico!

.