Just when it's looking grim...


The good news is that a friend of mine down in La Paz on his boat read this blog and wants to make a contribution to Tim's care. So I started a PayPal account for Tim. Monday I'll see about getting some pesos into his pharmacy fund at the hospital, which should be an interesting test of my Spanish proficiency. 

In the space of a couple of hours I have gone from being helpless and hopeless about my friend to feeling a comforting assurance that there's actually something I can do for him. As my friend Mexico Bob says, "Ya gotta do whatcha gotta do."

My horoscope today (which I read after I started Tim's account):
Service as an Opportunity

You may feel kindhearted and compassionate today, which could lead you to offer assistance to friends or family members. You can deepen the richness of these experiences for others and yourself by choosing to see your service as an opportunity to spread some positive energy to those who need it.