Feliz Cumpleanos, Tim

My pet gecko started up the wall as I was booting up the 'puter this morning, but when he spotted me he made a hasty exit. He hasn't yet become quite as fond of me as I am of him. He lives somewhere in the dark corner behind my computer desk and occasionally makes a brave dash up the wall to hide behind the air conditioner, where I hope he finds a smorgasbord of bugs. He's not green like the Geico gecko, and if he could talk he'd probably sound more Mexican than British, but otherwise they're just alike. He's about five inches long, and has no distinctive spots, patterns or bumps on his pinkish gray skin that I've been able to make out, but then he doesn't stick around for close inspection. I've been thinking of a name for him, something that would still fit if he turned out to be a she. Coy?

This is about as close a resemblance to my little guy as I've seen on the Internet, but I don't remember any bumps on the tail.


Time to step away from the computer. In about a half hour I'm going to Hermosillo to see Tim. T saw him yesterday and found out today's Tim's 62nd birthday, so I printed out a photo of an osprey for him. He wants chicken soup, but when T attempted to take him a batch of homemade, the guards refused to allow it. Those guys are real tyrants, but they never look in purses, so that would be the way to smuggle it in. No time now to make it, but I'll send some in a purse-size container with whoever visits him tomorrow.