She went and got hitched


If, like me, you're following the fascinating author Elizabeth Gilbert whose jackpot hit "Eat. Pray. Love." has made the rounds of most American women (at least the ones I know), you may already to she has 1) a new book coming out, "Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace With Marriage," and 2) she got married.

From remarks in the original book, I got the impression theirs will not be the traditional joined-at-the-hip union; her husband spends time in Australia and Brazil, and she has probably not given up her love of solo travel either. I'm curious whether her newfound writing success (sigh of envy) will have her choosing to go first class instead of backpacking it as she did before. After all, she's reached the ripe old age of 40 now. And she'll have all that paparazzi to fight off.

Let's hope she does get to do some traveling because the couple has moved his import business, called Two Buttons, to New Jersey, of all places!

I never buy new books, being far too cheap to pay hardcover prices and having a great little free library here in town. But I think I'll make an exception in this case. Anyway, I have time to save up, it doesn't come out until January. And I feel profoundly sorry for anyone of the male persuasion or otherwise, who dismisses this author's work as chicklit. You're just going to miss out, amigo.