The drug made me do it


I can't say I wasn't warned. I looked up Lyrica, the drug I was prescribed to deal with the nerve pain from shingles, and found a common side effect to be "dizziness and somnolence." Add to that the worst dry eye ever. The dizziness went away after the first couple of days, but the somnolence continues.

All I really want to do is sleep. I get up, have coffee and breakfast, clean up the kitchen, take a nap. Check my email and read friends' blogs, make a to-do list, and take a nap. Have lunch and do the dishes, take a nap. Look at my to-do list, take a nap. The prescription indicates I should take Lyrica for three months, and I wonder how I'll manage to function in between all those naps! I've always been a nap fiend, but this is ridiculous!

I guess I just should be grateful I don't have a job to go to; I'd be a big disappointment to the boss.

News flash: The Capt is trying to get home from Barra de Navidad. The VW Westfalia developed a nasty oil-spewing habit just north of Puerto Vallarta, and our intrepid skipper, with the help of extra quarts of oil, limped to a deserted RV park in San Blas where he is attempting to fix it himself, having wisely brought his tool kit. The diagnosis is a busted gasket on the oil pump, which is unfortunately under the motor. Tune in for further developments.