La Cantadora

I love the Mexican musicians' tradition of wearing giant sobreros onstage. They make it look easy, but having worn one myself (briefly!), I can attest that the shade they offer doesn't make up for the distraction of that weight and visual limitation when they're performing.

Placido Domingo sings rancheros with a sombrero-wearing mariachi band, including a lady mariachi

Sombreros were originally a guy thing, but I've noticed on the Mexican version of MTV that songstresses are wearing them too, now and then, just as the women in mariachi bands wear a long-skirted silver-studded version of the classic mariachi outfit.

My mother collected a whole album of photos of me at all ages, and this was one I must have sent her when I was in my twenties, decades before I ever conceived of singing in Spanish.