Where the Whales Are

Banderas Bay, where the whales are

OK, that does it. I was waffling about whether to go south with the Capt or stay here with my library, dance classes and singing. Then I saw today's post from "Meerkat," and now I'm ready to go sailing. Especially since the Capt has decided he wants to make some progress on our project boat, "The Green Flash," here in San Carlos, so we'll make this a shorter trip and I can be back home in March.

Entering Banderas Bay (where our boat is waiting for us) "Meerkat" captured the most outstanding series of whalewatching photos I've ever seen, even in National Geographic. I haven't had many whale encounters and I tend to get hugely excited at the merest glimpse of a fluke. But for "Meerkat" they were leaping out of the water and slapping the water with their tails. "Hey, look at me!" Now I can't wait!

Other things to look forward to: spending time in La Cruz with my friends Wendy and Mark on "Sol Mate," a visit with my friend Linda who lives close to the Marina, open mics at Anna Bananas and Philo's. Exploring some inland areas in the Westfalia, particularly the city of Colima. A few days at one of my favorite towns, Barra de Navidad, and Melaque, though I'll be there too early to meet Steve, who's not moving there until April.

Along the way I won't be bored: I have two books to edit, a few hours' linking work to do on our website and, with a little luck, some whales to photograph! Dolphins, too!