Fiddling While Wall Street Burns


Am I the only one who's noticed that the word recognition doodads you have to copy when you comment on blogs are starting to look like actual words?

I just sent a comment to Zocalo (check out her shot of a church interior near Puebla!), and the word that popped up was "PAHSTO." Which I take to mean a very masculine form of macaroni, bigger, thicker, in the shape of Arnold Schwarzenegger's arm.

Then I stopped by to read Brenda's post about the Christmas tree lighting in Guaymas and the word was "DIHTYL" -- what do you think, maybe a very small prehistoric bird?

Over at Billie's blog, where she's demonstrating her new camera lens, it was "VIESTRA." Hmmm, very Spanish-sounding, but my diccionario had no translation for it. So I guess I'll go with a new 2010 model by Ford, in a last-ditch attempt to save themselves from oblivion.

All right, enough nonsense. I'm just looking for a diversion from the ugly news that somebody in the White House uttered the word "recession" and my savings took another nosedive. Time for more coffee.