Pink’s Pizza

When it comes to pizza, I tend to bounce around from joint to joint –- Collina’s, Candelari’s, Carrabba’s, Star -– enjoying it all and never offering my loyalty to any one place in particular. That has changed since I met Pink’s Pizza in the Heights.

Pink’s is not your typical factory pizza joint. Ingredients are picked up and prepared fresh daily. The pizza is thin-ish, yet sturdy, and exudes freshness. Favorites include the Santa Monica (gorgonzola, mozzarella, prosciutto, artichoke, sundried tomato, and cranberry) and the Bada Bing (prosciutto, bacon, pepperoni, mozzarella, Roma tomato, spinach, and mushroom), but I’ve yet to be disappointed in any of the 20 specialty pies.

Yes, it *kills* me that a 16-inch pizza from the specialty menu costs $20.99, but pizza is not a weekly thing for me. When I want pizza, I want it good, and I’m willing to splurge. Pink’s is gourmet without pretention, a locally-owned place where the customer still comes first.

You can eat there, or they’ll deliver if you’re not too far. And “not too far” will get a little bit closer in November, when Pink’s opens its 2nd location on West Gray in Montrose/Midtown. Hooray!

Pink’s Pizza – 1403 Heights Blvd (at 14th)