Canciones y Cantantes Favoritos

A blogbuddy at "Mexico or Bust" posted videos of some of her favorite Spanish songs today. Wow! she even understands the lyrics! I'm just beginning to discover songs with the help of my maestra Lolita and we sing about ten of them in dos voces (two-part harmony).

"Sol Que Tu Eres" is a song I'm learning to play, sooooo easy with three chords, nice and slow, very sad and beautiful. Recording is by Grupo Urtica, video is entirely unrelated to what the song's about, which is the struggles of the campesinos, but makes me nostalgic for the boat.


Here's Los Mocedades (on TV), who have been around for decades...their harmonies sometimes take my breath away. I would LOVE to sing with a big group like that. This song is "Quien Te Cantara?"


One of my favorite male singers is Ruben Blades, who's actually Puerto Rican. Here's "Tiburon" (shark). Another one I love to listen to is "Jiri Son Bali" which features an African singing group, but I've been unable to obtain a video of it.