What's Bugging Us Now?

Mom with my sister's '69 VW bug

I took Mom to church this morning, first time she had been in more than a year. She was thrilled. I sang the hymns to her and during the prayer time three people came over, held her hands and prayed with her. I think she enjoyed the human contact as much as anything.

My sister and I are not convinced Mother will be able to stay here at Bartlesville Care Center. She needs so much help, and I can't make enough of a difference in three more days. If someone could come in two or three times a day and just spend ten minutes with her she'd probably do all right, but the agencies want $500 a month for that small amount of service.

I even thought about taking her home with me to Mexico, but the logistics are staggering, and I don't know what we could do for her when we go sailing.

Tomorrow my sis and I are going to investigate a couple of other care centers, and then we'll see...